Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby Snider's Nursery

               Here are some photos of the nursery. Matt did a wonderful job painting the nursery - including the trim and doors which used to be a dark brown.
       The white cabinet you see is actually the dresser that was left in our home from the previous owners....it was down in our bedroom, and was dark wood with a "lovely" oriental design on front....needless to say we painted it and feel it works well, providing lots of storage for our little one.
            Notice the changing table - this has had many a diapers changed on it, including: my cousins Ann and Shalina; my sister and I; and my cousins' kids - Matt, James, Kevin and Anna. So great to have something that has been in the family!

The crib was handed down to us from Matt's Aunt Jackie - Ericka had slept in it when she was a baby. We are very thankful to have this crib to use for Baby S.....here's to hoping for many peaceful, sleep-filled nights! I was able to make the valance and bedskirt, and the lamp used to be a gold lamp with a plain white lampshade that I stole from Dad's house....I think it looks much cuter now!

This beautiful blanket was given to us by Matt's Grandma Sharon - she made it from fabric she had actually purchased at a quilt shop in Charleston years ago when she visited us when we lived there! She knew we would be starting a family someday! It is super cute and looks great with the green walls!

2 comments:

  1. Jami - it looks great. Baby Snider will be very happy in there. I'm so glad you are using the changing table - LOTS of diapers were changed on it. I have pictures of me on it and some with Kevin and Anna on it! We can't wait to meet Baby S, not too much longer now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the room... and that brown chair looks sooo comfy! Great job, Mama (and Dadda :)

    ReplyDelete